Samworth Brothers, Leicester, UK 2019 - 2020
Sr. Project Manager/Project Manager
Identified requirements for a device lifecycle management process and service across the group. Developed process change and device deployment programme plan to implement this major business change across the group.
- Define device lifecycle and replacement process across group to reduce device TCO and support. Ensure a “smoothed” flow of replacements over time.
- Device “Charge Back” whereby Group IT procures and leases devices to business units.
- Implement device and peripheral Service Catalogue and Asset Management systems.
- Deploy Windows 10 to reduce extended licence costs.
- Lead Identification and selection of vendor to deliver the lifecycle service in the future.
AstraZeneca, Cheshire, UK 2010 - 2018
Sr. Project Manager/Project Manager
Promoted through multiple roles with increased accountability for project success, key stakeholder relations, and team leadership. Utilised Prince2, ITIL, and other methodologies to gather requirements, devise scope and strategies, implement budgets and milestones, and deliver projects in a timely, economical manner. Floated requests for information (RFI), selected vendors, and managed supplier development, ensuring all deliverables arrived on time and according to rigorous specifications.
- Migrated 2K+ users and devices to Windows 10 and AstraZeneca standard system with minimal user disruption enhancing staff collaboration and mobility and reducing IAM overheads through use of single technology. (2017)
- Implemented real-time web-services interfaces into IAM system significantly accelerating accuracy and speed of account creation, and reducing HR support, follow-up overhead, logged issues, and time to create account from several hours to 10 minutes,. (2016)
- Customised and deployed online SOX access review solution resulting in augmented accuracy, auditability, and transparency yielding 50%+ decrease in efffort for reviewers and review managers. (2015)
- Selected and forged relationship with FileSecure vendor for £1M Cloud IRM/DRM service solution allowing for secure document exchange with third parties. (2013)
- Remediated security scorecard negative and facilitated organisational ability to pass compliance audit by deploying PrivilegeGuard privilege elevation software to 500+ users with "unlocked" desktop devices. (2012)
- Spearheaded successful proof-of-concept for virtual desktop/BYOD infrastructure (VDI) leading to delivering business case with savings of $50M/year. (2011)
Birkdale Relocations, Merseyside, UK 2009 - 2010
Conducted thorough research to evaluate feasibility of home find and relocation start-up. Created accurate financial and business models to demonstrate viability and provide strategic roadmap. Secured preferred supplier role with Nutricia within one month of company launch.
Network Rail, London, UK 2008
Service Transformation Manager
Collaborated with key stakeholders at all levels to understand process, policy, and management deficiencies for IT Service Support division of national rail infrastructure provider with 22K users. Analysed technology usage, organisational structure, and operations expenses (OpEx). Identified sustainable solutions, presented compelling case, gained buy-in from decision-makers, and delivered transformation plan.
- Led reorganisation of underperforming Service Support group; achieved significantly improved service ratings and identified £2 million OpEx savings through improved workload management, employee engagement, and technology utilisation. (2008)
TORI Global, London, UK 2005 - 2007
Consultant Project Manager
Delivered consultancy and sales support for engagements with several Financial Services organisations in UK and USA. Requirements assessments, situational assessments preparation of solution designs and recommendations and project initiations.
- Authored successful €1 million software sales proposal worth €400,000 to TORI. (2005)
- Identified savings of up to $300K and 25% error reduction within projects assessment for GTECH, US. (2006)
UN World Food Programme, Rome, Italy 2003 - 2004
Projects Portfolio Consultant
Reporting directly to the Director of IT, implemented a programme of work to deliver an accurate portfolio of in-progress project and operations activity. Collaborated with heads of department to develop and implement, across the organisation, a work/project request process to ensure value for money and governance oversight of IT activity.
- Selected and Implemented project portfolio management application. (2004)
- Initiated and executed business alignment exercise. Eliminated 60% of projects. (2004)
Reuters, London, UK 2000 - 2002
Product Manager, Real-time Data Delivery
Prepared and launched replacement real-time data delivery technology enabling organisation to meet expected market growth. Delivered marketing, sales and pricing plans and materials ready for launch. Recruited clients for Beta testing.
- Launched replacement market data delivery technology to meet market growth.
- Organised and led 2 day Product Launch conference in USA.
Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi, London, UK 1999 - 2000
Planned and co-ordinated the work of application, infrastructure and support group Y2K preparation projects across London sites. Changes implemented with minimum risk and disruption to users. Y2K certifications and decommissioned non-compliant applications.
- Reduced production faults by 75% by implementing change control process (1999)
- Seamlessly orchestrated desktop and device replacement roll-out affecting 750 users. (2000)
Highlights From Earlier Career Successes
- Restored failing project to health, saving potential £300,000 cost overrun for Lombard Finance. (1997)
- Ensured timely and accurate management financial information through PC-based system collecting financial data from branches worldwide for Barclays Bank. (1996)
- Enabled on-time opening of new private bank through first live BASYS implementation at Goldman Sachs Private Bank, Zurich (worth over SFr 5 million to Watkins). (1994)
- Delivered custom trading & settlement system for Gerrard & National. Project, worth c.£6 million, realised £1 million+ profit, within regulatory change timeframe. (1989)
Education & Certifications
2:1 Bachelor of Arts, Politics (Hons.)
Nottingham University, Nottingham, UK
Prince2 Practitioner | ITIL Foundation